Friday, June 24, 2011

NEWS FLASH!!! Fatboy Slim

Me, not the famous musician.

The results are in, sports fans.  The Area-82 DIA Systems Biggest Loser competition officially ended this morning with an 8AM weigh-in.  I didn’t win, only dropped 7 pounds … but, at 193, I’m under 200 for the first time in a long time.  A nice feeling, although I’m going to be dropping a bunch of coin after my return to tailor or replace my suits.  I’m calling it a “metaphysical win.”

Doug was the big winner, plummeting from 195 to 171.  He was the stealth contestant, he’s a retired Army Sergeant Major, runs five miles a day out here in this heat, and doesn’t look like he’s carrying an extra pound on him.  Doug came out of nowhere and smoked us all.  I understand he’s treating us all to dinner tonight … surf & turf.  What a swell guy!

Next steps – keep it off, then push hard in the gym for my last 53 days (not like I’m counting or anything) here to convert fat weight to muscle weight.  Given the food here, I wouldn’t be surprised if I shed another 5-10 pounds before redeploying.  But don’t cry for me, Argentina; I’ll be spending two weeks in Central Europe after I wrap this up, I’m sure the local bier-und-wurst diet will help me creep back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment