Sunday, June 5, 2011

What a Day!

“What a day!  What a fabulous day!”  Richard Dreyfuss quote ... name the movie.

Yesterday was one of those fabulous days out here.  I did a good workout in the gym, I still feel good and pumped.

But more important is the work side of things.  One of my project managers and I spent the morning with a new client on base, the Counter-IED (C-IED) guys.  I knew it was going to be a good meeting when I noted, among their three reps, a Navy Senior Chief and a fellow Texas Aggie.  They want to tie into one of our networks, so we did some requirements analysis … how many workstations, secure phones, VTCs, server room demands, power/space/cooling, all that stuff.

But what really energized me is their mission.  Did you realize that 73% of all U.S. casualties are the result of IEDs?  The Taliban are gutless scum, they plant the IEDs and could give a rat’s ass if it detonates in proximity to a Coalition Forces convoy or an Afghan farmer and his donkey cart.  So our C-IED team is working real-time to proactively save lives … and not just American lives.  God bless ‘em if that can save even one soldier from coming home to a prosthetic limb.

For those of you who made it to the end of this post, the quote by Richard Dreyfuss was from 1989's Let It Ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment