Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shorn Like Samson

Holy crap ... I just caught sight of myself in the mirror. Late this afternoon, I went to my girl Shanel, my hair stylist, to get my hair cut before deploying. I watched as clumps of hair fell to the floor, all of it gray. She did a great job, my hair looks good, but it's a whole lot shorter than it had been. Oh well, I won't look too retarded after I take off the Kevlar helmet.



On the plus side, my wife likes it. Hard to complain about that. And I think the look can be maintained even when the chimps with electric shears (i.e., military barbers) get a crack at cutting my hair.

Oh, yeah, the "before" picture ...



I'll be at BWI within the next 24 hours, and fly out shortly after midnight Thursday morning.

2 comments:

  1. ROFLMAO! Thank god I'm a state away so you can't smack me for laughing at you!
    (Seriously, looks good, but I can't resist making fun of you! Gimme a call before you split; I'm off tomorrow, will be up at 10am and in bed around 1am.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will your gas mask seal with the hair on your chin?

    ReplyDelete