Sunday, February 20, 2011

Smokin’ Up a Storm

I was most pleased when I arrived here last Monday to find that the fellow I relieved, Bill Eger, was a cigar smoker, and that the base has a higher proportion of cigar smokers to general population than I’ve seen elsewhere. I’ve smoked more this past week than any other week in my life, often scooting out to talk shop and pick Bill’s brain over a coffee and a stogie. I’ve also been invited to the 7PM Thursday night smoke, a ritual here at North KAIA. Lots of Cubans to be had here, although the selection is a bit limited and they often need to spend time in a humidor before being smoked. Fortunately, I have my pelican case travel-dor equipped with a Boveda humidification pack, so I can oblige on that score.

But I must give a nod to John and Matt at Draper’s in DC. They hooked me up with a great selection a couple days before my departure. I’m especially enjoying the Tatuaje Cabiguans and Illusione Epernays. Only problem is that I need to further reduce cigar size. I thought I’d be okay with Robustos and Coronas, now it seems like Petite Corona might be the best solution for the time I have available to devote to a cigar.

Happy smoking, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment