Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Last Shura

As I've mentioned before, Thursday night here at NKAIA is cigar night.  At 1900, cigar smokers assemble at the benches outside the French hospital (actually, it;s the only hospital, but French medical staff run it, so it's known locally as the French hospital) for a communal smoke.  I've taken to calling it the Cigar Shura.  Since I'm due to leave NKAIA for Bagram on Saturday, tonight was my Last Shura here.

I brought out the pack of Rocky Patel cigars that Bruce mailed to me from Davidus, and they got snatched up pretty quickly.  After much thought and careful consideration, I opted for an Avo 787 robusto for my last smoke here.


And, yes, I'm the only one not in Army digi-cam.

3 comments:

  1. You know, we could hook you up with some nice WWII repro camo. Much nicer than the digital crap. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually think I want to wear camo? Not a chance, I like being a civilian just fine, thank you very much. Besides, the Army has decided that the digi-cam doesn't work out here, they're going with a new multi-cam pattern (http://defense-update.com/features/2010/february/new_multicam_uniform_19022010.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your call! Just thought you might want to both join in and stand out. Some of the patterns are pretty nice... while some of them are retina searing. ;-) That new pattern looks like it'll blend in MUCH better; never like the digi cam!

    (In other news, its an eventual goal of mine to hand paint the splinter pattern from the Graf Spee onto a knit silk shell. I love that pattern!)

    ReplyDelete