Friday, April 8, 2011

So where Are the Aliens?

Before I move on, it seems fitting to comment on where I'm working now.  Task Force 236 is located in a collection of rectangular metal containers, or cans, off the beaten path of NKAIA.

The Defense Department likes to number things.  Area this, Area that.  And TF-236's home is no exception.  Until Saturday, when I'm supposed to hop on a plane to Bagram, my work location is Area 51.

Area 51!!!  How cool is that?  And I have to leave after less than two weeks.  After all these years of teasing my bride about aliens and UFOs and such, and sitting through God-knows-how-many screenings of Independence Day, I can honestly say that I'm working at Area 51.

And I never even got to see the debris from the Roswell crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment