Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics


The International Nature of It All

Every now and then, I cruise through the Dashboard for Google Blogger.  Maybe I tinker with the design, maybe I fantasize that I’ll garner a big-enough readership to sell ad space through Google’s AdSense.  But I’ve gotten into studying the statistics of the blog.  I’m not sure what use I can make of the stats, but I’ve always enjoyed delving into the data.  One interesting section notes the origins of those viewing the site.  As you might expect, the vast majority of viewers are American.  But here’s the full list, in rank order, of nations of origin of page views over the past month:

  • United States
  • Germany
  • Canada
  • Singapore
  • Cuba
  • United Kingdom
  • South Korea
  • Nepal
  • Portugal
  • Romania

Cuba, eh?  What would draw a Cuban to bask in the collected wisdom of Wirehead Jack?


More to the point, I’ve been to all but four of the countries listed.  Never been to Cuba, South Korea, Nepal or Romania, although all are on my bucket list.  Cuba will have to wait until the embargo gets lifted.  South Korea may have to wait until my bride is ready to get close to the mother lode of Kimchi.  Nepal is high on our list, as is Romania … yeah, I want to visit Transylvania and see Bran Castle, home of the historical Vlad Dracula.


So, gentle readers, spread the word about the Wirehead.  I want to amp up my readership stats, I want more followers … and I want more people, not just Americans, giving serious thought to the mission here, and the future of the Afghan people.

1 comment:

  1. John,

    My IP address comes up as being in Germany most of the time...

    -Kristy

    ReplyDelete