Saturday, July 9, 2011

Shades of James Brown


If it weren’t for the numerous legal injunctions barring me from singing in public, you’d hear me belting out “I Feel Good!”

First off, I was able to get the door to my hooch working, so I didn’t have to do any more emergency egress evolutions.  That, of course, didn’t stop the jackals and hyenas from tearing into me this morning, rehashing the story for those who hadn’t heard about my exploits.  My saving grace was the “Woman with Crazy Eyes” who sat at our table during breakfast.  She seemed normal enough, but she was sitting to my side and I didn’t get a look at her eyes.  But the lads throttled back on giving me grief, so I was grateful for the respite.

Later on this morning, following a hearty breakfast and with a big-ass MOAC (Mother of all Coffees) sitting in front of me, there’s a knock at the office door.  In comes a stranger bearing gifts.  More precisely, a stranger who’s been reading this blog since Day One, and he wanted to present me with a handful of stogies he’d brought all the way from Old Virginia Tobacco Company.  What a wonderful way to start the day!  And he brought good stuff too!  I was most amused when he said he was glad he arrived in theater on a Saturday, as he was a little apprehensive about Thursday nights … as was his wife, who also read the blog.

Then, after logging into my e-mail, I got word that we have final SCIF accreditation for the data center. 

We had another IDF attack last night.  Two rockets.  Thank God that Hajji can’t hit the broad side of a barn.  And the attack took place shortly after 8PM.  The little turds better not do an encore tonight, I don’t want them messing with the Area 82 cigar night.

1 comment:

  1. The Viet Nam era guys tell a story about not going after the bad guy at the end of the runway who took pot shots at every arriving helo.

    They said they were afraid if they bagged him, he might be replaced with some guy who was a better shot.

    Sounds like your Haji.

    ReplyDelete