Monday, August 8, 2011

Things I’ll Miss


As I wrap up my time here and prepare to start the long journey back to civilization, I’ve had plenty of opportunity to reflect back on my six months downrange.  There are clearly some things I won’t miss, and others I will.  So, in a move reminiscent of amazon.com’s “Listmania,” this post and several that follow will features lists of my favorite … and not-so-favorite … things (cue Julie Andrews singing “My Favorite Things” from The Sound of Music).

Let’s lead off on a positive note with the more enjoyable aspects of this deployment.

I’ll miss:
  • My team and the camaraderie
  • The mission
  • The sense of accomplishment
  • The 90-second door-to-door commute (yes, I clocked it)
  • My daily MOAC
  • Being a hero in the office when a box full of cookies arrives
  • Hajji pizza
  • Saturday night Herfs
  • Writing this blog
  • Asking Hajji for extra bacon at breakfast
  • www.ilovebagram.com
  • The overtime

No comments:

Post a Comment